• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Trumpets: Hoenn Chronicles (OOC)

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Sounds like a plan to me! I'll try to toss a post up tonight one way or another; if no other trainer talks to them, I think I'll probably toss in a Pokemon for Linnet to try to catch. If you want me to go ahead and mention whatever Pokemon you had in mind for Ellis (like, I don't know, they stumble on a pair of Pokemon playing/fighting/something), or a trainer for him to battle, just lemme know and I'd be happy to write it out super vaguely or something?

Yeah I think I'm going to have him catch a zigzagoon and a skiddo-- I'm probably going to be hanging back a little so other people get to Petalburg first but Linnet can zip off if she wants after catching one pokemon? Depends if you wanna wait for my slowpoke son haha

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
Yeah I think I'm going to have him catch a zigzagoon and a skiddo-- I'm probably going to be hanging back a little so other people get to Petalburg first but Linnet can zip off if she wants after catching one pokemon? Depends if you wanna wait for my slowpoke son haha

Oop, I posted before I saw this yesterday, tossing in a Chatot for Linnet to go after OTL

Not sure how fast she'll head off to Petalburg after attempting to catch the Chatot; I guess it depends how long it takes haha. I do want to get her moving toward, especially because I'm super curious about the missions; it's entirely possible that if they get separated during their hunting for Pokemon she'd head off towards Petalburg and figure that they'd eventually catch up to each other around there.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Shak, make an SU and we'll see ;)

dud's second attempt at the shellos results to a capture!

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Here he is. Drew Tucker. It's a character I've used before, so it was just a matter of copying and pasting, but everything fits into place really. I didnt end up adding a personality section, but it's there in the form of Strengths and weaknesses.

Drew Tucker
phpJMk0dIPM.jpg

"I dunno...sounds like a lot of work"

16 // Deadbeat // Male

Home town: Vermillion City, Kanto

Appearance: Drew stands at a distinctly average height of 5'5", but his constant slouch almost lowers him to 5'4". You could even say that he's shorter than most his age. The top of his head is cupped by his mid-length, unkempt, brown hair. He has large childlike green eyes, which he has been known to blush about when mentioned. The rest of his face is rather plain; his short stubby nose, and small mouth remain relatively unnoticed amongst those who take the time to comment on his appearance.

While not quite fat, he lacks the athletic or slender builds shared by his friends in Vermillion. He is commonly described as 'pudgy', since his reluctance to take part in physical activity causes him to gain unhealthy amounts of body fat at a time. Despite this, his athletic potential and obscure metabolism have somehow allowed him to remain in relatively healthy shape.

Dressing 'well' is something that takes effort. Drew finds hoodies to be much more convenient and comfortable. He dresses simply: Wearing a blue zip hoodie, comfortable loose trousers and running trainers on his feet.

Strengths:

Strategic
When he applies himself, Drew's tactical prowess is quite impressive. While he may seem dopey and slow, he has the potential to be both resourceful and quick thinking. His skills at improvising also help him in this regard.

Relaxed
His chilled nature is probably one of his greatest strengths. He rarely overreacts in panicked situations, or any situation for that matter. Drew is rarely phased, as can almost always think level-headedly as a result.

Patience
Both in battle and outside, Drew has incredible patience. A patience that's has gotten him out of plenty of bad situations in the past, whether it be hiding out in the same spot for hours to avoid the visit from his parents, or whether it be having his pokemon endure hit after hit in order to find his opponent's weak spot.

Weaknesses:

Incredibly Lazy
Sloth is one thing, but Drew takes it to a whole new level. If there is any short cut, Drew will try to find it. Walking itself is far too much effort for him to go through if he can avoid it, and he's not above falling asleep on the spot after any moderately strenuous activity.

Family Issues
Having grown up very distant from his parents, Drew has a latent hatred of authority which often gets him in trouble. Whether it be taking orders from a police officer or being advised by a teacher Drew simply does his best to avoid them at all costs. The idea of parents specifically disgusts him most of all.

Pessimism
Drew has never been one to fight for any kind of 'lost cause'. Coupled with his laziness, his pessimism is easily his greatest hindrance, as he has been known on occasion to give up before the battle is lost. If things seem even remotely bad, he'll almost always be reluctant to put in any effort.

Family & Bacckground: Drew considers no one his family. The two part timers that visited him every now and then while he was growing up, have been labelled with his own interpretation of the word "Mum and Dad", as he knows no other terms for them. He was mostly raised by the woman hired by his parents; Felicia. While he never recognised her as his 'family', she was the closest thing he had, and he respects her for it.

As a child in Vermillion he spent a lot of time staring out into the ocean, as it was calming for him. This was interrupted by the large ships that used to dock there Bi-weekly(Twice a week). This inspired him to use his wit to start scamming tourists who came to the region, developing his skills of improvisation. His parents were almost never around; but he knew that every 16 ships that docked in vermillion meant his parents would be returning, a feeling that got less and less exciting with each visit. After hearing from a trainer in his city about the journeys that people embarked on in the Hoenn region, he decided to sneak on one of the ships and make his way there himself.
Drew prefers not to call her a rival, but Paige is an old acquaintance he knew from Kanto. Their long-time friendship has made her like a sister figure to him.

Starter:
chespin.gif

Species: Chespin
Nickname: Brycen
Ability: Bulletproof
Move set: Tackle | Rollout | Vine Whip | Bite | Mud Shot |Leech Seed

Roleplay Sample

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 25, 2018
Since Shellos was caught, here is his stats

Shellos(East Sea)(M)

Ability: Storm Drain

Moves: Mud Slap, Water Pulse, Hidden Power Fire, Body Slam, (Move to be learned next battle), (Move to be learned later on)

It'd probably be pretty op if I already had Aipom learn Double Hit, right? When would be an appropriate time to have him learn that?

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
I can't wait for Petalburg to be opened, and for Rose to realize she totally overlooked its gym. XD That should be a fun reaction to write...

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Oop, I posted before I saw this yesterday, tossing in a Chatot for Linnet to go after OTL

Not sure how fast she'll head off to Petalburg after attempting to catch the Chatot; I guess it depends how long it takes haha. I do want to get her moving toward, especially because I'm super curious about the missions; it's entirely possible that if they get separated during their hunting for Pokemon she'd head off towards Petalburg and figure that they'd eventually catch up to each other around there.

Ohh-- the missions you can take no matter where you are though, I'm pretty sure? Like the mission will wait for you if I didn't misinterpret Varys' post. But if you're headed forward you can definitely just be like "yo I'm out" and Ellis will be like "ok peace" LOL! Yeah they can catch up later-- also Ellis is going to just watch Linnet duke it out with the Chatot for now- I'll bring in his encounter in the next post if it's fitting!

o/

jombii

Years
Yup! No matter where you are, the mission will be waiting for you. However, as long as your mission isn't finished yet, you are not eligible to sign up for more missions. Also, no consecutive missions :)

jombii

Years
Also, @LinearAxel: awesome mission post. You certainly deserve that Shiny Ralts. Capture is a success.

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Also, @LinearAxel: awesome mission post. You certainly deserve that Shiny Ralts. Capture is a success.

tumblr_n0di0uJSW71sgbe56o1_500.gif

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

tumblr_n3ih2lTZ1T1ttdkobo1_400.gif

Name: Ami
Ability: Synchronize
Attacks:
Psyshock
Teleport
Disarming Voice
Magical Leaf
Shadow Sneak

Unless...is teleport an attack in this? Since it fails in battle, is it the same as cut/strength/surf, where they can only use it outside of battle, or can they use it in battle to dodge?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
Ohh-- the missions you can take no matter where you are though, I'm pretty sure? Like the mission will wait for you if I didn't misinterpret Varys' post. But if you're headed forward you can definitely just be like "yo I'm out" and Ellis will be like "ok peace" LOL! Yeah they can catch up later-- also Ellis is going to just watch Linnet duke it out with the Chatot for now- I'll bring in his encounter in the next post if it's fitting!

o/

OH cool, all right. In that case Linnet's in no hurry, she can hang out while Ellis does some Pokemon catching. She probably should battle a trainer or two anyway. c: Also, her battle post/attempted capture is up, so feel free to have Ellis's encounter happen whenever you want, regardless of whether or not the first capture attempt works lol

Yup! No matter where you are, the mission will be waiting for you. However, as long as your mission isn't finished yet, you are not eligible to sign up for more missions. Also, no consecutive missions :)

Ahh awesome, thank you for clarifying!

Also @LinearAxel, congrats on the beautiful shiny Ralts! Your post was awesome *o*

jombii

Years
Unless...is teleport an attack in this? Since it fails in battle, is it the same as cut/strength/surf, where they can only use it outside of battle, or can they use it in battle to dodge?

Teleport is an inherent attack for Ralts, so you can use it even if you don't have teleport in its attacks. If you want to use it in battle though, you need it to take a moveslot.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
@dud190, Linnet and Ellis are on Route 103, not 102 ;n; Seraph would be welcome to come chill, though, maybe if he spotted them before he left Route 103?

jombii

Years
~_~ Wait, so am I denied, or...?

wit. I'm just backreading the OOC just now. LOL SORRY

Okay. I am at a dilemma here. I have, of course, closed the SUs a few days back, with asphodel's acceptance. However, I really do like Shak's character. I'm leaving the decision to the current players. Is it all right if we accept Shak and not accept more applications?

JK I AM GM. VARYS USE GM POWER. SHAK IS ACCEPTED.

I will update the OP and the Pokemon list after my examination tomorrow. See you guys!

Last edited:
Back